We were super excited to get moved into our new apartment! The Realtor had to come and write English labels for the thermostat, kitchen, washing machine, and intercom. But it's all so new and neat! The primary type of heating here is through radiant floor heating using heated water and pipes that go to all the rooms. Its different but you can control exactly which rooms you want heated with very little wasted energy. Every apartment has an intercom where you get a video of the parking garage and outside your apartment. And the kitchen uses gas! It was quite the adjustment, and I'm still a little paranoid but it has been awesome to cook with! Our washer/dryer is a combo unit so we are still figuring that out, and in fact I spent yesterday using google translate to figure out all of the options on it..crazy. Something that took some getting used to has been recycling. They are crazy about it here!
| There's a slot for every kind of trash! |
Due to some car troubles... we haven't been able to go to the Korean class the past few weeks.. but! I'm glad we have the alphabet down. It's come in handy a couple times trying to figure out what a food was called. One of the first times we went out to eat we sat down at this restaurant and looking around at everybody cooking their beef and pork we were excited. Well we get the menu and it is only in Korean.... So we figure we'll be adventurous and just choose two random items.. Twenty minutes later when they bring out our food we have this piping hot bowl of mystery meat soup!! So, thankfully we haven't made that mistake again.
Speaking of food...I've seen these bread sandwich things all around and figured I'd go ahead and buy one to try it. Well, it turns out that brown stuff is not chocolate. It's some sort of soy bean paste I think..
7-elevens everywhere is NEVER a let down!!! I will admit that the Slurpee situation is unacceptable and really unimaginable but, getting the opportunity to step foot into a 7- eleven EVERY SINGLE DAY is a gift in itself and it clearly means that God truly loves you! That being said, sounds like I need to start having you ship us some goods instead of the other way around. 7-eleven gummy worms are my fave!!!! Just saying...��. Oh and I need to discuss the squatty potty thing some more because my mind can't keep up with that concept. Clearly now is not the time or place for the chat but soon!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I am really jealous and interested in this heating situation- let's discuss this too after squatty pottys. I added it to the meeting agenda.
Hey how fun to read! I'm glad you are blogging! You will be happy you did it later down the road. So fun to read!
ReplyDelete